5 Link Building Strategies to Boost Your Search Engine Rankings
Every week, Google releases new updates into its search algorithm. Therefore the link building strategies stop working as time passes by.
With 4 major updates made by Google in the year 2017, you need to rethink your link building strategies.
In this article, I will show you 5 algorithm-proof advanced link building strategies that you can safely use in 2018 to increase your website search engine rankings and attract more organic traffic.
Link building Definition
The link building in SEO is a way of getting natural or relevant links from other websites to your website. Search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing use links to crawl the web and users navigate between the web pages on the Internet. Links on your website that are intended for generating traffic, increasing sales or conversions and creating brand awareness. This will ensure SEO success as well as
- Improve your website search visibility
- Enhance brand exposure
- Build and nurture customer relationships
- Drive-in traffic to your website
- Build a strong social media presence
Types of Link Building
1) Natural links – The natural links are the links given by webmasters or other reputed websites which are achieved by creating a great piece of content.
2) Manual outreach links – Getting the links by connecting with the website owners and bloggers, and requesting them to link to your website.
3) Self-created or non-editorial links – These types of links comes under negative SEO technique where the content seems to be relevant for Google, but it is not.
Link building in SEO requires patience, creativity, and most often, a budget and the way you choose to build links depends much on your website.
Link Building Strategy
Not all the links are the same, so before you plan, you should understand the number of linking pages, domains, subdomains, number of links per month, type of links (no follow, do follow, redirects, etc.), and linking keywords on your website. Here are five quick and efficient strategies explaining link building for SEO.
1) Creating and Promoting Contents
Create relevant contents to keep the readers engaged and linked ( by writing articles, blog commenting, and guest posting, etc.) Creating and promoting contents on the right platforms can help shares, backlinks, and drive-in traffic to your website.
- Search a website that publishes a lot of content (blog post, web-app, video, etc.)
- Identify a high ranking content with targeted keywords
- Create a new version and publish
- Connect with right prospects and blog owners for share-worthiness
- Identify promotional opportunities
2) Create an expert roundup
Creating an expert roundup, reviews, opinions, interests, and views in your blog post is an easy way to build links.
- Search for industry experts
- Create a content and reach out to the experts by asking questions
- Include the experts in your roundups
- Ask them to share or link to your blog post
3) Guest posting
Guest posting is the most shared and secure method for generating backlinks to your website. Create some great piece of content for your audiences, reach out to them and ask them to write a guest post blog on your website.
- Find guest post opportunities
- Reach out to the webmaster
- Write a guest post on other websites with author biography and link
- Request the webmaster to accept guest posts and get a link
4) Use broken link building
Broken links occur when a web page link out to the resources or the post deleted or the website not updated for a long time. Reaching out to the webmasters and fixing the broken links will also gain you a link to your website. Use the Ahrefs tool to see the broken links to your website.
- Search web pages with broken links
- Reach out to the webmaster and notify about the problem
- Ask them to replace the broken link with a link to your website
5) Creating infographics
Infographics are also one of the popular forms of content that help in generating more backlinks. The combination of infographics and a guest blogging strategy help you get many high-quality backlinks.
- Find the most popular content with highest social shares
- Gather data and convert it into an infographic
- Publish it and include a link to your blog with a short description
There are several ways to build quality backlinks to your website, but these strategies are only the starting point. It takes time for building and earning high-quality backlinks. The only way to rank higher on Google search engine results page is targeting relevant keywords. Increase your website’s ranking and conversion with our SEO services NJ.