Digital marketing has become a major priority, and a must-have for many small businesses nowadays. It helps your business to get recognition, position and also attract more & more clients through a digital platform.
The main reason behind every small business choose to depend on digital marketing solutions is due to its low-budget. As we all know maintaining a physical marketing or advertising campaign can be time-consuming as well as expensive.
Small businesses always look for inexpensive and cost-effective ways of making their online presence. And therefore Digital marketing solutions fit into their requirements and business objectives. It helps to improve their websites creation, social media presence, online advertisement, and marketing strategy.
Of course, not every digital marketing tool is the best for any small business. It’s not worthy on wasting money on an advertising campaign that doesn’t reflect your company’s values, products, or services.
The challenge for every small business is to stay up-to-date with the latest digital marketing trends and then to choose the right tool to invest.
Here we’ll reveal three crucial marketing best practices to master the art of digital marketing for your small or startup business.
- Always Think Local First
Local search is very crucial for the small and medium-sized businesses to grow and expand in their community. More than 74% of online users perform local searches and 61% of local searches results in conversion.
As the local competition growing, if your website is not on top of the rankings then your competitors will be. By optimizing your websites on-page and off-page SEO, your customers can easily find your business by performing local searches.
- Optimize title tags and meta descriptions including name of the city or area where your business located and a targeted keyword
- Get your business listed correctly on popular online business directories like Google My Business, Yelp, Merchant Circle, City search and others.
- Build trust and grow your business with online reviews or testimonials
Optimize Page Speed and Mobile Usability
Page speed is an important ranking factor for any website as the site that loads quicker will outrank a competing site. Page load time whether in desktop or mobile also affects the user experience in several ways you would expect.
With 60% of searches are conducted through mobile, so it’s must optimize your small business websites for mobile visitors. Fast loading pages and a mobile-friendly website improve user experience as well as more traffic. It’s an important part of your digital marketing strategy.
- Elevate your server response time by choosing a quality web-hosting service, reducing resources, and improving web-server configuration
- Minimize redirects to accelerate mobile page speed
- Regularly test your website performance and usability using Google PageSpeed Insights or HTTP archive for mobile speed test.
- Optimize & minify CSS and JS files perform by developer
- Use various plugins and themes to get your job done
- Track and Measure ROI
There are many digital marketing channels you can track and measure ROI on your digital investment. Like SEO, PPC, email marketing, content marketing, and blogging are some channels where you can measure your ROI for your small business.
On a basic level, measuring your ROI calculations let you know how your business is performing and allows you to come with a better marketing strategy. As you will doing advertisements on Facebook, LinkedIn, Adwords, Twitter, etc., it’s necessary to note the ROI for your marketing efforts.
- Use Google Analytics, Adsense and Adwords to track conversions on your website
- Create account on popular social media channels to analyze your conversions and engagement
- Integrate Salesforce (CRM) platform to track customers online or offline from various sources
- Track ROI using banner advertising or ad networks
A responsive design and optimization for mobile is the beginning of a successful website. Even social media are very budget-friendly especially for small businesses that can give you more profit with less investment. If you are looking to take your business online, then BOOSTrust digital marketing can help you achieve long-term results with effective marketing strategy.