The Ultimate Guide To Design A Website In 2020 | BOOSTrust
How Much Does it Cost to Build a Website for a Small Business? The Ultimate Guide for 2020
The first impression is the best impression. In the case of website design this double correct. Even before reading a single word in the copy, the first impression of the company is created.
Do you know how? 94% of the first impression is design-driven.
What are the phases of website development?
- Building Rapport with the Client
- Information Gathering
- Accommodation of Content
- Development of the Website
- Review of the Contents
- Client Communication
- Maintenance Services
Let’s go through each of the points in detail.
1. Building Rapport with the Client
Before starting and planning the website design process, think about establishing a good relationship with the client.
So you will get a clear understanding of the scope of the project and the potential problems involved.
Better to have a checklist beforehand to make the meeting more meaningful and efficient. Good communication with the client will help you clarify the process, it will lead to happier clients and less work for you.
2. Information Gathering
If you are well informed about the features and scope, goal or aim of the business or industry of your clients, the target market and many more like the audience, time and budget, eCommerce, etc., half the work is done.
So it is very important to have a free initial consultation with the potential clients to collect most information and also to tailor the project to the satisfaction of the client.
And you can explain your approach and strategies you adopt development. To go a step further, you can suggest extra features beyond the imagination of the client
Once you have climbed up the first two steps successfully, it is the right time for you to go to the next episode, i.e., planning – this is the most critical part of the process of website designing.
So be generous in sending your valuable time on this. it will save your money, time and effort in the long run. Remember the saying “Measure twice, cut once, Make your vision crystal clear to make your planning perfect”.
This is the most critical and creative part of the website development. Start with the creation of a website wireframe with the basic elements like header, widgets, navigation, etc.
Now you can move to a realistic mock-up with the help of programs like Photoshop. If the information you collected and the planning you did is with professional expertise, it will not be a challenge to balance form and function.
Once you finish the design at your end, discuss with your clients about their preferences for the color scheme, imagery, typography, etc. This will help you save time and effort otherwise wasted for alterations and also ensures client satisfaction.
5. Accommodation of Content
Another factor to ponder over is the excellent accommodation of the contents to be catchy. The content should be hosted in such a way to catch the attention and to prompt the viewers to act immediately.
So you have to keep in mind
- The main goal of each page
- The action to be taken by the viewers
- Whether the design will prompt the users to take an action
- How the design can be translated into code
6. Development of the Website
This step involves the translation of the design to actual code. This is a lengthy process including-
- Installation of a starter WordPress website theme
- Installation of a WordPress backup plugin (Backup is very important because it helps revert file changes and also to move the site to the live domains/ server for launch.)
- Translation of the design to the live site
- Testing and optimizing
7. Review of the Contents
An in-depth review of the content is essential. Either optimized the existing content or create new content.
Ask the client whether non-web content like brochures, flyers, business cards are necessary. Proofreading to check grammar, spelling, and punctuation. You can review the contents with the help of the checklist given below. Check out our content development workflows.
What makes a good website checklist?
- The copyright issues of images
- Whether it is easy to find the contact page
- Whether tested how the site looks on various mobile devices/ browsers
- Whether all images are optimized.
- Whether a Favicon for the site is created
- Whether configured the SEO Plugin
- Whether XML site map is created
- Whether the quality of speed is satisfactory
- Whether WordPress Firewall is set up
- All security settings should be turned on
8. Client Communication
Custum Website Development is a long process, so you may go silent while you work through it.
Going silent is one of the worst things you can’t do.
When there is no communication, clients will make assumptions and they tend to assume the worst. Nathan Ingram.
Nathan suggested sending a three-sentence email every Friday which say
- This is what we did this week ( past)
- This is where things are( Present)
- This is what’s next ( Future)
A simple update email once a week can go a long way to providing an excellent experience for your clients. Nathan Ingram.” Communication is not the message sent, but the communication received”.
This saying reminds us of the need to get the skills to communicate with the non-coders of the world. It is not an easy task to communicate with non-techies, not because they are stupid, but there is a far divide to overcome. So it will take time to work.
How can we communicate effectively?
- Translate the technical jargon in simple terms. The best way to translate is by using metaphors and analogies. The comparisons will make it easy for them to understand.
- Be patient and calm, keep your composure. Repeat answering why questions until they are satisfied.
- Explain how and what you are working and the problems you confront.
- Once you deliver your points, go the extra mile to give some more input so that you can invite their options/ suggestions for improvements.
9. Maintenance Services
Your work is not over with the launch of the website. For the benefit of your clients as well as yourself, it needs to be maintained. The following actions are necessary to maintain the comfort and ease of working in the future.
What are the website maintenance service lists?
- WordPress Upkeep
- Update of themes and plugins
- Backup and security
- Tracking and reporting
- Website upkeep like SEO, add more content, update existing content, spam clean up, approval or replies of comments and many more.
Why should you not neglect website maintenance?
If neglected, it will end up in
- Security problems
- Poor user experience
- More loading time
- Low ranking in search engines.
- Website Maintenance service provides technical aspects like back up updates security issues, etc.
Boostrust is a web development and Digital Marketing Service provider in New Jersey, Our professional website developers extend our service at an affordable price to startups, small and medium businesses anywhere, at any time. If you are looking for one, we are here for you. You can entrust your business along with the SEO services as well. We will take care of your satisfaction.